Monday, December 17, 2007

Turkey Breasts and Mice, Oh My!

We have a mouse in the office. Linda opened her bottom desk drawer this morning, looking for a job folder, and she leapt back and said a few curse words. A mouse - the mouse that had been suddenly making appearances in the office for the past few weeks - leapt out and scurried underneath her cubicle, disappearing into the abyss of office space. Linda's heart was pounding and she was breathing heavily and she was definitely awake this Monday morning. Bob went out to Walgreen's and bought some mouse traps which I didn't like at all. I hate just the mere idea of a mouse getting his neck snapped in half when all he wanted was a taste of peanut butter. I didn't want him to get the glue traps but I didn't want him to get any of the kill traps. To torment me, he put the trap right by mine and Linda's desk. I really do not want to hear the snap of that trap anytime soon.

Today at work, Linda came up to me and randomly asked if I wanted a ham or a turkey. I don't really like ham so I picked turkey without really thinking about it. I then found out that I had won a boneless turkey breast from one of our lighting manufacturers. If $10,000 or more was sold by a salesperson in Widelite fixtures, then that person got either a spiral ham or a turkey. I sold $20,000 in orders and therefore, I won my first poultry product. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't quite proud of myself right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.