Friday, December 07, 2007

Cold (And I'm Still Here)

If you recognized the title of this post as an Evans Blue song, kudos to you. That really has nothing to do with anything though since I'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins right now. Anyway, Baxter woke me up at 5:30 this morning to go and there was really no point to going back to sleep since my god-awful alarm goes off at six, so I stayed awake and took my shower a little earlier than usual. We got more snow last night and since I decided to park on the street, I have to go out earlier than usual and brush off and scrape my car. I love winter and the snow and the freezing cold but I hate scraping ice off my car in the mornings. I suppose I'm never happy.

Tomorrow, Baxter is getting his hair cut and while he's doing that, I'm running some errands - mainly to Target, Kohls and then later on, I'm going over to this kick ass farmer's market to get some of these Holiday Grapes I got from there a few weeks ago. These grapes are so big, it looks as if they were injected with steroids and I offically am addicted to them. I hope they have them still or else I am going to be slightly disappointed. This weekend, I also have to finish Christmas decorating. When my tree is finally completed, I will post pictures.

I am so happy it's Friday. Yesterday, Linda and I went for an impromptu lunch to Panera and I got the brocolli and cheese soup in a bread bowl. I go crazy for brocolli and cheese soup. I had a craving for cream of mushroom but the only place I can think of that would actually have that is the Knights of Columbus hall my family and I go to for their Friday fish frys but I don't feel like driving all of the way there. Besides, that place is usually insanely busy on Friday nights and I don't think I could take a steam bucket of their mushroom soup with me. Oh, well. Maybe I'll go to one of the Greek places and get some Lemon Rice. I've been craving soup lately if you can't tell. Must be the frigid weather outside.

No comments: